Playlist

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Episode 40 - Of Making Many Books There Is No End

'Tis the season, and if you're like us, you'll end up with books and movies beneath your tree. But in a media-saturated culture, how do you navigate among the millions of choices for entertainment and art?

Well, lucky for you, Tim and Nick have decided to tackle that exact question. (Imagine that!) And, just to help you out further, they also share some of the most influential work they've experienced this year, in case you're looking for a good book or movie.

It's the last podcast of the year--number 40! We're officially over the hill. So, enjoy an hour with your favorite podcast on storytelling. And since we won't see you again until 2014, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Download

Show Notes

Loading the player ...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sorry for the late comments. It’s hard to get all my notes down while at work.
    -Nick watches Survivor, too? Glad to know I’m not the only writer that likes the show! I know some people would roll their eyes, but to me it’s Double Dare or Guts for grown-ups. What’s your favorite season? Mine’s between The Cook Islands and Heroes Vs Villains.
    -I wish we had a movie watching club over here for films that I should’ve seen by now. Not sure if I would’ve made it for Grave of the Fireflies, though. That movie intimidates me.
    -I don’t think I could watch Gravity. I have a ridiculous phobia of falling upwards, and the trailer made me feel really uneasy.
    -I agree that there are way too many books (and entertainment) for us to enjoy. My kindle is full of books I’ve been waiting to read. Not only that, but I’ve got books of books I know I should’ve read by now, but haven’t. It’s hard to balance out reading with family, work, school, and writing. Reading (and gaming) is a precious commodity now when I used to take it for granted. Since the New Year hit, I’ve trying to establish a schedule that will help me with this, but it hasn’t been easy.
    As always, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Well, I'm not a Survivor expert. My brother's seen every season. I tend to see bits and pieces of most seasons. But Heroes vs. Villains, I do remember thinking that was a good one. ;-)
    For awhile, when reading time was particularly scarce (and it always is to a certain extent), I focused on short story collections because, hey, it makes you feel like you're finishing something!
    Thanks for listening!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete