Playlist

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Episode 24 - Lest Other Old Stories Be Forgot

Merry Christmas! It's that time of year again when Tim and Nick spend time looking back, this time at stories that affect us differently now than previously. Listen as we wax nostalgic and consider how time changes tastes.

Then join us for discussion of a Christmas movie you've probably not seen, introduced by the world-traveling Brian Scherschel.

After all, you can't welcome a new year without at least one more episode of Derailed Trains of Thought!

Download

Show Notes


Loading the player ...


Psst...if you like Mazedude as much as I do, check this out. - Nick

2 comments:

  1. You guys just can't stop dropping my name in these podcasts! I'm happy to see I've left a lasting impression.

    Currently, I have seen the new "ThunderCats" show, but only one episode. I did like it, though. Many of its "re-imaginings" make more sense (i.e. Thundera is a country on Third Earth instead of a planet, etc.) However, I didn't like the new voice of Mumm-Ra as much as the original.

    Speaking of "ThunderCats," while that was my favorite cartoon as a child, I've realized in re-watching it that it hasn't aged as well as my other childhood favorites, "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers." The animation still holds up and so does it's imagination, but the writing is by far the goofiest out of all of them (and that's saying a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just rewatched some G.I. Joe not too long ago for the first time in like forever, and that seemed a lot goofier than I remembered too! It was some of the earlier episodes, so I don't know if the later episodes (probably the ones I would have seen as a kid) got better. But there's a certain amount of silliness involved when you realize that all through this epic war between G.I. Joe and Cobra, not a single person dies. :-)

    ReplyDelete